Mingo Creek GreenwayKnightdale, NC
Ecological Engineering provided subconsultant services to Stewart for implementation of the Mingo Creek Greenway Project. Our services included hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, and modeling, natural resources investigations, and environmental compliance and permitting. Wetland mitigation was required as a result of unavoidable impacts to jurisdictional resources. A CLOMR was prepared based on a rise in base flood elevations. This required extensive coordination with NC Floodplain Mapping Program, the Town of Knightdale and our Client. Environmental permits and the CLOMR were issued in 2012.
- 2.6-mi greenway along Mango (Mingo) Creek (Basin 15, Stream 11) Wake County, NC
- Four (4) stream crossings and nearly one mile of boardwalk located within floodplain
- flood study and Conditional Letter of Map Revision (CLOMR) submittal
- Natural resources investigations, reporting and environmental permitting
- CLOMR was ultimately issued in June 2012
Jurisdictional wetlands and streams within the corridor