US 401 UpgradeCumberland County, NC
US 401- Raeford Road Cumberland County, NC Ecological Engineering is currently working on hydraulic and erosion control designs for the proposed widening of Raeford Road in Fayetteville, NC. The project will utilize some superstreet ideas to restrict crossing left turns. The highly urbanized six mile section of Raeford Road has an average daily traffic count of over 60,000 cars per day. Project is schedule for let in 2018.
- Four FEMA regulated stream crossings – Detailed Studies
- Major Utility Coordination required with Drainage Design
- Chasing/mapping archaic existing drainage systems to ensure existing drainage patterns are maintained
- Spread Analysis for 6 to 8 lanes for 5.8 miles
- Urbanized and built out corridor presents R/W and easement challenges